|
Sunday, September 28, 2008 @ 22:54
:: Punctuality ![]() Many think that some 'people' are born to be better people. They are born, equipped with certain assets that others wish to have, die to want, and endlessly hope to possess. Such as? They seemed to know what to do when others don't know what to do. They seemed to know what to say, how to say certain words so that the impact and effectiveness is there. They seemed to always know what is the right thing to do:
They seemed to know what to wear. They seemed to know what to eat and drink. They seemed to know when to smile. But you know what? I don't really believe in 'born' people. But I believe in 'made' people. I think these people trained themselves, to be who they are today. I always ask myself why the leaders in the world are leaders and high-flyers today. I don't think they are really ALL born with silver spoon in their mouth, but somehow, it must have been the surroundings that have spurred them to want to be the way they are today. These few weeks, I have been pondering over one certain issue and that is Punctuality. Being someone who used to view people's time as minimal priority, always being late on appointments, always late on submission, I have came a long way to where I am today. I may not be 100% punctual, but at least, I know that I am more than halfway there. I have a few friends who tend to be always excuse themselves for being late. And I feel awkward, because sometimes, I ended up being the 'middle man' to be questioned about their punctuality. I am honestly, pretty sick and tired of chasing people to be early, to be punctual. I have given prep talk, I have given 'warning', I have given morning calls. But why can't THEY MAKE AN effort to respect their time, and people's time?? And yesterday, as I went for service, I got a revelation about punctuality, and I really think it is so true. Pastor Kong said, "God never test you in MUCH, but He always test you in the LITTLE." And I think it is so true! I remember we always say you will reap what you sow, and etc etc, and when I heard that phrase last night, I got blown away. Of course, in the context Pastor talked about last night, it is in the area of finances, but I feel that in the essence of time, it is applicable too. It says that there are three things which we are to be faithful in:
LITTLE THINGS! Punctuality, though minute, but really, it shows your character. When you are even faithful in being punctual, it shows you respect the very essence of time, you respect people's time, and you respect your own character as well. I know I sound as if I'm preaching, but oh well, I just want to say a piece of mind, because I was really upset that time and again, my close ones, don't know what is close to my heart. Oh well, on a lighter note! My big day is coming up in less than 35days (thanks to Shaen who counts down for me). Honestly, I am not going to have a major celebration - the most, I probably will book a hotel room, somewhere nice, and invite everyone to come celebrate with me! :) But I am free for dates the whole week! And what do I want for Currently, I can only think of 2: 1. Future Mrs Cullen Shirt (haha!) ![]() 2. Calvin Klein Fragrance If you don't know, I LOVE guy's scent. :)still love you; |
car
CHRISTian
angROBERT angCAITOU 30101987 BACARDI MAHJONG xiaozhu jaychou beyond japanese sleep&sleep money&money; since 03032007 express;
desires;
own BRANDname
master jap-(w real cert) mm Lumix LX3 crumpler bag MONEY; more MONEY!! 2b / ADIDAS (TOKYO) Jacket pet pig :> learn KOREAN; learn drums mrRIGHT exits;
aaron
xiaxue.blogadel bowen bryan wong charlene caine dadong guiqi isaac janice james kah lap kevin kc matthew M' wuchun pinkisthenewblog rainie roy phebs samuel sher show sinhui stefani tk waikiki van vinnie
archives
Karate Lessons
Kite, Shoe, Teeth A Heavy Day Clean Up My Wardrobe Thailand Day 1 Morgan Pictures If only I could... Idea Proposal One Litre of Tears Cry
December 2006 stop & stare
|




