|
Monday, August 4, 2008 @ 22:23
:: Ritz Carlton 1 ![]() I went to a congress at Ritz Carlton today, and well, I have to say I was slightly overwhelmed. Of course, dressed in office formal, walking in the midst of late 20s, 30s, 40 year old. Holding multiple portfolios to their name, walking around this 6-star hotel. No doubt, I must be the youngest, if not, one of the youngest in the congress, and as the top-notch personalities, such as Mediacorp President, CEO, etc, speak about their insights, share their stories, albeit impressed, but I felt slightly out of place. Like a small fish in a big pond. This congress opened up my eyes to a bigger world and I couldn't help feeling how small I am. Being at a humble age of 20 going on 21. I can't deny I know I have a whole future out there waiting for me to embrace and invade into, but couldn't help feeling slightly abashed as I am not sure if my future will be as bright and brilliant as those personalities who shared. Everyone has big dreams, definitely. This congress couldn't help but started stirring up my still pot of dreams and I want to go further. I kind of had a small heart to heart talk with someone, and I didn't really expect it. This person has the art of being really 'bear' with you with her sharing suddenly, and though taken aback slightly, but I was grateful for the sharing. As she shared, I could feel the ache in her heart as she recalled those numbed past of hers and my heart just went out to her. All of us has this numbed past on the inside of us, well, at least I know she had. So do I. It's this past experience that we had been through, though not excruciatingly painful, but it wasn't a happy journey to have been gone through. And now, as we reminisce about it, we couldn't help feel the slight ache and pain that gripped our heart. Mark Conner asked a question on Saturday night: If you watched a bad movie, would you watch it again? Would you pay for another ticket to watch this horrible movie again? Perhaps you would even chortle before answering me with a resounding 'No of course not!' But then Mark Conner continued to say: But that's what many people do with their past. They replay it constantly, on surround sound, high definition screen! Wouldn't say I do that, but couldn't help wondering, what could have been if it hadn't been? I will definitely miss this person who shared her heart with me. still love you; |
car
CHRISTian
angROBERT angCAITOU 30101987 BACARDI MAHJONG xiaozhu jaychou beyond japanese sleep&sleep money&money; since 03032007 express;
desires;
own BRANDname
master jap-(w real cert) mm Lumix LX3 crumpler bag MONEY; more MONEY!! 2b / ADIDAS (TOKYO) Jacket pet pig :> learn KOREAN; learn drums mrRIGHT exits;
aaron
xiaxue.blogadel bowen bryan wong charlene caine dadong guiqi isaac janice james kah lap kevin kc matthew M' wuchun pinkisthenewblog rainie roy phebs samuel sher show sinhui stefani tk waikiki van vinnie
archives
FOP 1
Change James is Back! sleeping materials steal my heart First Lesson 回到过去 Fulfilling Week 找回自我。 You Can Do It
December 2006 stop & stare
|


