|
Sunday, October 11, 2009 @ 20:33
:: Miracle Driving Test God is indeed GOOD! And last week, I experienced the Power of Visualizing! I am due to have my Traffic Police test on Thursday. So on Wednesday night, I had circuit training with Mr Poh and I think he was very nervous about my test so he kept trashing me whenever I made some mistakes. When I did my parallel parking, I almost hit the pole and it was as if his tail got burnt, he went, "You tomorrow better don't hit pole ah! Later you fail! You watch how you turn can?" :( So when he asked me to turn out, I forgot to turn my 2 rounds to the right and so when I turned out, it was wide and then he pointed out again: "Did you see that chevron marking over there??? Immediately failure you know anot..." :( I think he was quite pek cik, because throughout all the lessons, he has never mentioned my name. So that night, he went, "Carol......................... Can do properly anot!!" :( Then when I did my vertical parking, he looked at me and asked me if I know what I was doing. So I recited what he always drilled to me: "When the pole disappear, turn 2 rounds to the left, when the pole appear, turn 1 round to the right, when the pole disappear again, turn back 1 round to the left..." He seemed convinced, but he still said to watch my turning because I have a habit to turn the wheel back 1.5 rounds instead of 1 round and that will result in wide turn and strike kerb. He kept drilling me and say "don't turn too much! Just 1 round will do, 1 round ok!" So it was a tense lesson, but generally ok... On Wednesday night, I kept thinking about my tester. I visualized him to be nice, friendly, round, short, will joke with me and be more lenient than the first one. I kept thinking of the personality of the tester the whole night... So on Thursday, I had general driving with Mr Poh and he seemed to be in a good mood and kept saying 'Good... Good...' except he said I kept getting distracted on the road... Haha. I kept myself in a light and happy mood and visualized my tester to be the good, friendly one... So in the room waiting for the tester, I was looking through the tester's name list, and I spotted one that I visualized to be mine. I kept focusing on the name, thinking, visualizing that the short, round, amiable tester will walk in and call my name... So in the end, the tester came and was slightly different from what I visualized - he was tall. Not at all round and short. But personality wise was similar! In the car he asked if it was my first test, I said no, it's my second and then he asked what I failed on the previous time... So I said the first time I was too slow... Failed to accelerate.... Blah blah blah... So he said, "Ok, let's see how you are this time..." *Stress* The first course he made me do slope (that's my most hated course because I'm super afraid of sliding down and banging some other car!). Mr Poh know I hated slope, so he always made me drive to the slope to train myself... :/ But I did that perfectly on the course and was so proud of myself! The next item was parallel parking, and I was told to get the last lot of the parking and it was at the weird position one. I don't like that one! Your front of the car must protrude out of the stop line but cannot block other cars... When I did the parking, I followed whatever Mr Poh taught me. "When the pole disappeared, turn 2 rounds to your left, when 1.5 poles appeared, turn 2 rounds to your right and straighten your wheels, and when the first pole touch the sticker on the left, turn 2 rounds to your right, and when you see the base of the black on the pole, turn 2 rounds to your left to straighten. Then forward gear, turn 2 rounds to your left, and straighten, 2 rounds to your right..." I did exactly that, but I supposed I did too wide a turn, so when I straightened my wheel at the last part... 'BUMP!' I hit the pole! The tester turned and stared at me, and I turned to stare back at him. OMG! I totally lost my mind after that bump. I saw the pole shook in front of me and thought of Mr Poh's words: "You better don't hit pole! Later you fail ah!" I thought it was either 10 points you hit pole or immediate failure and was so sad... So I totally forgot my movements and the tester could see it too. He was like, "Don't lose it, it's just one mistake... Come on, go out." So when I turned out, I almost made the mistake Mr Poh warned me - hit the chevron marking. But thank God I swerved back in time. But I was so disheartened that I couldn't really focus on my other courses. I did my S-course and Z-course okay. Directional change was okay - Mr Poh drilled me on that too! Next was my vertical parking. He got me to go to the last lot again (!), and when I turned back, I couldn't see the pole already. So when I changed to reverse gear, I straight away turned 2 rounds to my left and enter the lot. Suddenly the tester turned and looked at me again. I was wondering why, and 2 seconds later I found out. *SCRAPE...* I striked kerb. I wanted to SCREAM there and then!!! I thought to myself there that hit pole just now already 10points gone, then in the middle, sure got some weird points gone like wide turning, or whatever thing. And now strike kerb should be another 10points gone. I was sooooooooooooooooo sad, I almost cried in the car. I totally lost my mood after that, I did the road outside with no mood. Although the tester was really nice, he was like, "You nervous ah? Or you lost all your focus after the mistake? Cannot like that, I need you to focus okay... Test not over yet..." He's really nice! On the road outside, I just did a U-turn and came back to the center. Was stuck at the road for 15min because of the U-turn. The queue was super long! With my low spirits, I didn't even remember to turn off the engine when I left the car to go upstairs! Halfway up the steps I remembered and turned back, but Mr Poh was already there and waved me to go up and he'll drive away. Sigh. With heavy face, tester told me to sit down while he went to upload the marks. He took quite long. So I sat there, I prayed hard, "GOD!! You can do a MIRACLE for me!" Soon, he walked over and beckoned me to sit down opposite him. He laid the paper in front of me but he covered the top of the paper. He went through every of my mistakes and I took it in with a heavy heart. I peeked through his fingers and saw the phrase: "We urged you to improve on the following mistakes..." My heart sank even lower. I think that's what they wrote for failures right? The he went and lecture me on overtaking, lane changing. I listened and then he was like, "You must take note ok?" I nodded and then he smiled and said, "Generally you're okay, just easily nervous. On the road you're okay, but you need to learn to up your gear faster to suit the road conditions.... Okay?" So I nodded again. Then he flipped the paper behind. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ![]() I WAS SO HAPPY! :D I almost jumped up and hugged him. Haha. But I was really shocked because I really didn't expect to pass! I mean, yes, I WANT to, but when I did, I was still shocked! I walked down the stairs with unbelief and looked for Mr Poh, and then he wanted to take my paper immediately. But I put it away and told him sadly: "You know, you ask me don't hit pole, I still hit... You asked me don't strike kerb, I still did..." :( But he was like smiling and said, "But still pass right?!" I was like, "HOW YOU KNOW??" Then he laughed and said, "Sure one lah!" Then he looked at my results while I rattled at him: "You tell me hit pole strike kerb is immediately failure, you bluff me ah!!!" He laughed laughed and said, "Yah, must bluff you then you will remember, but you still go hit..." -_-" Well, that marks the end of my miracle driving test story. I'm now a certified driver and that's my best birthday present to myself. Oh, anyone wanna buy me P-plate? Haha, I didn't buy it at the center. To those people who think I tyco pass one, maybe, but I also think I'm not that bad okay. When YOU are on the test yourself, see what YOU do. Heh. Oh, BK was so nice to let me drive in his car. Although one incident I almost bang the car the behind me. I mentioned I HATED slope, so when I was on the slope, and I'm not used to his car, I slided back and almost hit the car behind me. And because of that incident, they say I'm a dangerous driver. Yeah, yeah. Dangerous. Right. still love you; |
car
CHRISTian
angROBERT angCAITOU 30101987 BACARDI MAHJONG xiaozhu jaychou beyond japanese sleep&sleep money&money; since 03032007 express;
desires;
own BRANDname
master jap-(w real cert) mm Lumix LX3 crumpler bag MONEY; more MONEY!! 2b / ADIDAS (TOKYO) Jacket pet pig :> learn KOREAN; learn drums mrRIGHT exits;
aaron
xiaxue.blogadel bowen bryan wong charlene caine dadong guiqi isaac janice james kah lap kevin kc matthew M' wuchun pinkisthenewblog rainie roy phebs samuel sher show sinhui stefani tk waikiki van vinnie
archives
Losing...
VERY TIRED BUT SMILING! how to stop it? breakthrough Good Holiday 怕 Fun Cell Group Farewell, Hensa 做弄人 God is ONLY
December 2006 stop & stare
|


