|
Friday, May 1, 2009 @ 00:55
:: James 1:5 I'm so excited! Was reading PP's blog, and then got so inspired, I picked up his book and started randomly flipping through the pages when this verse jumped out at me like a bear. So I went to do a little search on it, and I tell you, I loved what the NLT version says...!! [New King James Version ] If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. [ The Message ] If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. [ New Living Translation ] If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do. *************************** So cool right? These weeks I have been feeling stuck in the things that I'm doing. Whether is it work-related, ministry, or cell group. These 3 are the pivots of my life right now, and sometimes it's really hard to juggle well between the three of them. But I am so thankful that I serve a GENEROUS God who gives me wisdom liberally when I ask from Him. I really need more strength and determination and discipline to seek Him for a breakthrough in these 3 areas of my life. I feel that I have come to a point where the Chinese calls it '瓶颈'. It's like you're at a bottle-neck and you're stuck - you can't move. So I really need a slight push, to kick me out of that rut situation, into a atmosphere of breakthrough! For the next one week, I shall chew on this verse until I see my breakthrough. Guys, what about you? Have you also reached a plateau in your life? Trust me, your mountain top is coming, just ask, and He will bring you there. Believing in you. :) still love you; |
car
CHRISTian
angROBERT angCAITOU 30101987 BACARDI MAHJONG xiaozhu jaychou beyond japanese sleep&sleep money&money; since 03032007 express;
desires;
own BRANDname
master jap-(w real cert) mm Lumix LX3 crumpler bag MONEY; more MONEY!! 2b / ADIDAS (TOKYO) Jacket pet pig :> learn KOREAN; learn drums mrRIGHT exits;
aaron
xiaxue.blogadel bowen bryan wong charlene caine dadong guiqi isaac janice james kah lap kevin kc matthew M' wuchun pinkisthenewblog rainie roy phebs samuel sher show sinhui stefani tk waikiki van vinnie
archives
Rui En
Sickly, urgh I Miss Sot Crazy Weather Some Visuals Will we? Fast Weekend 在这里分手 당신은 나는 바보 입니다 Less of Me
December 2006 stop & stare
|

