Monday, May 12, 2008 @ 23:38
:: Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day. :)

I wrote a nice testimonial for my mom to enter the contest. Though I did not win, but by having brought my mom, is already a huge step for me. And I believe that she will be saved soon. So, though I know she don't read my blog, I want to post up what I wrote here. So it's gonna be a long post!

My mom is not the perfect mom, but far from the worst too - it is the little expressions of love she displayed, which makes my family love and treasures her so much.

When I was younger, I had an accident and had to be hospitalized. At that point of time, I was too young to remember how my mother had reacted with the situation,but I had to go back to the hospital for follow-up subsequently every year, and she would take a day off from work specially just to accompany me to the hospital. It could have been my siblings who could bring me, but she went with me nonetheless.

Finally one year, the doctor said I had to do a re-op, and after the operation, I had stitches on my arm that needs removing 2 weeks later. I was only 14 then. I remembered sitting on the medical bed in the hospital, as the doctor cut up the stitches and pulled them out one by one, I was crying very badly because of the pain.

I saw my mother then, standing beside me, looking desperately helpless at me and the nurses. I know there and then, beneath her emotionless expression, she wished she could be in my shoes, getting all the pain instead. She did not cry in front of me, but I know the emotional pain she experienced was more than the physical pain I felt.

I had to put on a cast on my arm after the operation, and she took 1 week of leave to take care of me day and night, she would cook for me and did everything that made me feel more comfortable to relieve the pain from the wound.

Perhaps it was due to the accident that happened to me, and the fact that I am the youngest child, which makes my mother favored me more above my 2 other siblings. She might have felt that it was her fault she did not take good care of me, and thus she wanted to make it up to me, but I did not reciprocate well. I threw tantrum, I showed black face and did what many other rebellious child would, but her unconditional love for me never once faded.

There was a period of time where I had to wake up at 5 o'clock in the morning for work, and she would get up together with me at 5am, to prepare breakfast for me. And not only that, she would walk me to the bus stop where I would take the company bus to work. I was 18 at the time, big enough to take care of myself! I truly appreciated her willingness to walk with me in the morning.

During SOT last year, I had to wake up early in the morning as well, and she did the exact same thing of waking up early to prepare breakfast for me. To think back at all that she had done, it really moved me deeply.

She has sacrificed a lot for me and my family. She saw me through all these years - my education, my living, my food and expenses. She has taught me, through her actions, how great a mother's love can be, and how unconditional it can go. And now, as a Christian, I vowed to love her and treasure her the utmost that I can, because if there is one relationship that I never want to lose beside the one with God, it is the one with my mother.

I know that sometimes, she might not be the whole world to me, but I know deep down in her heart, I am the whole world to her, and this mothers' Day, I would really want to tell her, 'Mom, I love you, you're the best!'

So yeah, this was my story. :)

So how did I celebrate MOM'S DAY?

I tell you, I am so going to tell you all about my BAD BAD BAD experience in BALITHAI, Tampines Mall.

Hearing the food's not bad by Val, I decided to bring my mom and bro to the restaurant. There was a long queue and I happily queued up, hoping that service and food will be good.

So, when we finally got a table, my brother decided to place an order for a Mother's Day set meal for 2 people, and I would order a side dish myself.

So he asked the waiter what was the dessert of the day, and if he could place an order for 2 people only, even though there were 3 of us.

The waiter said yes, and even double confirmed our orders.

I placed an order for a dessert to be served immediately, but it came like only 15min later. And I was thinking, if immediate meant 15min to them, then I don't know what, 'awhile later' meant to them.

So after 20min, my side dish of a soup came, and I tucked in happily. But 45min later, the Mother's Day meal was still not served.

As me and my brother were happily playing on our PSPs, we sort of didn't take note of the waiting time. It was until I glanced at my watch, then we realized it was 45min, and the crowd in the restaurant thinned.

So I waved to the waiter (the same one who took our order), and asked him to check for us, why are our orders taking so long to be served, he gave me a guilty look which I don't know why, and said he would check for me and he disappeared to where I assumed is the kitchen.

To my surprise, the manager (or captain or whatever stupid rank he holds) came up to us and said he did not receive any orders other than the side dish I ordered.

Me and my brother were like, "Huh? It can't be! Your guy even CONFIRMED with us our orders twice!"

So the manager or whoever disappeared to don't know where too, to 'check', and came back with the same answer.

So my brother got really pissed and said, "Forget it, I will just pay for the bill for whatever's here, I'm not waiting for the rest."

So the manager got the bill, and I got very pissed, I demanded for an explanation on why wasn't our orders taken.

(Note: I realized the waiter in question was missing in action - now I know why he gave me that guilty look when I asked him to check my orders!)

"I want to know why wasn't our orders taken?"

"Err.. Sorry, but the guy who took your order passed to another guy... So... (drift away)"

"So? He passed the order to another guy, so the other guy forget to pass to the kitchen, or the first guy didn't even take the right order? But he confirmed with us, so what was the problem?"

"Err... Sorry, I'm not sure what happened between them... (Looks slightly worried)"

"Is this the way you run your staff here? When there's a mistake you can't even offer me a proper explanation?"

"(Look helpless and didn't answer back)"

Then we stood up to leave and he quickly went back to his cashier counter. My brother stormed out of the restaurant with my mom, and I stopped by the counter and said loudly:

"I think this is VERY BAD, please look into it."

And walked away without a backward glance.

I know I might sounded very harsh or what, but I cannot take it! I am in Customer Service line myself, and I feel that 'Customers' are always right' to a certain extent (though sometimes I grumble about them behind.. Hahahah!).

If a customer complains,

no. 1: NEVER INTERRUPT their complaints, but let them talk finish, empathize with them.

The manager, or whatever position he is!, kept wanting to say sorry and explain his part. Like DUH! At this point of time, a million sorrys is NOT going to appease us!

no. 2: NEVER SAY YOU DON'T KNOW - even if you really don't! Cook up a nice story, customers don't care if you really don't know, they just want you to know how they feel and how you will react.

no. 3: NEVER LOOK HELPLESS - even if you really are. Because they will think you can't help them, and will never patronize you ever again - which is exactly what my brother is going to do.

So guys, if you cannot stand bad service, DO NOT GO TO THAT RESTAURANT!

And you know what was the ironic thing? Val told me that BALITHAI at Suntec has the SAME PROBLEM!

Nice food, HORRIBLE SERVICE!

It was so bad, Boss felt like whacking the waiter! :O

So, I was not very pissed because the order was not taken, but the fact the manager or whatever his position is, CANNOT offer me a proper explanation, nor tried to salvage my opinion of the restaurant!

He could have said something like,

"I am so sorry, I didn't expect this to happen, it must have been a mis-communication on our side, I will make sure it will not happen again, please, let me make it up to you." And maybe throw in a free dessert for us or something!

(But I think I myself will think I'm a cheapo if I accepted his free food, so I think I will say I don't want, but feel pleased nonetheless.)

Yeah, something like that.

So, after the horrible meal, the three of us stormed into CENTRAL, which offers GREAT CHEAP FOOD, with not-bad service. I would recommend that place for nice baked rice, desserts, and drinks. :)

In the beginning, we wanted to dine at Cafe Cartel, but the queue was horrendous and my brother said he rather eat Burger King than queue. But then I saw Richard outside Cafe Cartel and was so surprised.

Great, now he knows how ah beng my brother looks like, haha, he won't bully me anymore. :D

Some random nice pictures I found online.


So cute right? :D

Man, it's 12am, and I think I better head to bed. I'm so grateful to MT for coming all the way to my office from Bedok, and to send me and Richard all the way back to Bedok!

Because of that, I am able to enjoy a fantastic and comfortable ride home. :)

Woots!

still love you;

car
CHRISTian
angROBERT
angCAITOU
30101987
BACARDI
MAHJONG

xiaozhu
jaychou
beyond
japanese
sleep&sleep
money&money;



since 03032007

express;

desires;
own BRANDname
sony cybershot t10
master jap-(w real cert)
mm
Lumix LX3
crumpler bag
PSP
MONEY;
more MONEY!!
2b / 3 licence
ADIDAS (TOKYO) Jacket
pet pig :>
learn KOREAN;
learn drums
mrRIGHT

exits;

xiaxue.blog

archives

stop & stare