|
Saturday, May 19, 2007 @ 12:33
:: Formula One i feel so recharged after a good 10 hours sleep. finally! my beauty sleep! eh don't snigger okay, because of my rushing of assignments, i have so little sleep, zits kept popping out. urgh! i wish there's some spraying can that will rid zits like how baygon rits mosquitoes! =x anyway, i wanted to blog about this since last time. Formula One, or F1 is coming to Singapore! I'm so excited! I am not a staunch F1 crazy fan, but I think it's so cool, I mean, F1, a world class event, coming to a tiny island like SINGAPORE?? Aren't you proud or what? I never knew our tiny circuit lanes could be used for F1 racing! But sad to say, the race would most probably be in the night - a world's FIRST. So even if we were to watch it, only two things will happen: 1. we're too tired to stay excited. 2. we can't see anything because it's dark. or maybe, just maybe, they will put ALOT ALOT of lightings, so we can see and yell and cheer!! some basic info about F1: Formula One, abbreviated to F1, and also known as Grand Prix racing, is the highest class of auto racing defined by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), motor sport's world governing body. The "formula" in the name is a set of rules which all participants and cars must meet. The F1 world championship season consists of a series of races, known as Grands Prix, held usually on purpose-built circuits, and in a few cases on closed city streets. The results of each race are combined to determine two annual World Championships, one for drivers and one for constructors. It is a massive television event, with millions of people watching each race in 200 countries. The cars race at high speeds, often greater than 300 km/h (190 mph) and are capable of pulling up to 4 g in some corners. The formula introduces a number of restrictions and specifications that cars must meet. These are designed, amongst other things, to keep the ever-increasing cornering speeds in safe ranges. The performance of the cars is highly dependent on electronics, aerodynamics, suspension and tyres. The formula has seen many evolutions and changes through the history of the sport. There have been many different types of engines; normally aspirated, supercharged and turbocharged, ranging from straight-4 to H16, with displacements from 1.5 litres to 4.5 litres. The maximum power achieved in the history of the series was around 1,200 bhp (900 kW) in racing trim, during the 1980s turbo era. Europe is Formula One's traditional centre and remains its leading market. However, Grands Prix are held all over the world and, with new races in Bahrain, China, Malaysia, Turkey and the United States since 1999, its scope continues to expand. Of the 17 races in 2007 9 are outside Europe. As the world's most expensive sport, its economic effect is significant, and its financial and political battles are widely observed. Its high profile and popularity makes it an obvious merchandising environment, which leads to very high investments from sponsors, translating into extremely high budgets for the constructor teams. However, in recent years several teams have gone bankrupt or been bought out by other companies. 4G at CORNERS! WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE SPORT! 300KM/H! Wah, I think F1 is cool, the drivers are even better! How can they drive that flat thing at a speed of 300km/h?? Up to 4g at corners? I'm impressed. I can't wait for more news to be up on F1! ![]() Info. courtesy of Wikipedia, Image courtesy of Grandprix.com. =) still love you; |
car
CHRISTian
angROBERT angCAITOU 30101987 BACARDI MAHJONG xiaozhu jaychou beyond japanese sleep&sleep money&money; since 03032007 express;
desires;
own BRANDname
master jap-(w real cert) mm Lumix LX3 crumpler bag MONEY; more MONEY!! 2b / ADIDAS (TOKYO) Jacket pet pig :> learn KOREAN; learn drums mrRIGHT exits;
aaron
xiaxue.blogadel bowen bryan wong charlene caine dadong guiqi isaac janice james kah lap kevin kc matthew M' wuchun pinkisthenewblog rainie roy phebs samuel sher show sinhui stefani tk waikiki van vinnie
archives
Assignment
new hair color I don't really know loveI didn't know it'd come li... When I reminisces about the past, it doesn't mean ... i have no idea what's wrong with blogger tt it has... my dream has came true today.i dunno why we look w... I am very happy today because I felt I was a usefu... oh boy, am i happy today.i FINALLY get to know tak... I was watching the Charity show just now and Dylan... slow tuesday
December 2006 stop & stare
|


