Monday, February 19, 2007 @ 23:20
:: What is love (Part 2)

What is love?

There's the noble way of saying that goes:

"Love is when you want the person you love to be happy. And that doesn't mean you have to have that person. When he/she's happy, you're happy."

There's also the quite cliche way:

"Love is letting go. If you're meant to be, you and him/her will end up together after all. If you're not meant to be, even if you and him/her are together now, you guys will not be happy."

There's also the dreamy way:

"Love is when all day all night long, he/she is always on your mind. You keep thinking what is he/she doing right now."

Then there's also another way:

"Love is when you see him/her, your heart race, your face grow hot and your palms clammy. You stutter when you talk, you keep swallowing saliva, trying to stop stammering."

But, WHAT is love?

Well, this question had been on my mind for quite a while already. But I believe each person has their own set of definitions for this question. Hmm... What is yours? I don't really have my own set of definitions yet, but I hope I'd find it soon. Haha.

I didn't randomly chance upon this topic, but well, something, or rather, someone told me something and I just started having this "What is love" questioning within my mind.

Apparently, this someone just broke up with her boyfriend not long ago - about 3 months ago? And when I chatted with this someone, hmm, let's name this someone TIRAMISU. I was chatting with tiramisu about 2 months back and I questioned about what she is doing now. Tiramisu said she's fine, and yadda yadda. And I just so happened to ask, "Are you still with XXX now?"

And surprisingly, she said, "No, break already."

So, naturally, 90% of the people will be like me, popping the next question: "Why??"

And Tiramisu answered saying she felt the relationship was getting stagnant, and she sees no point in carrying on with the relationship, thus the break up. So I was like, "Hmm.. Okay.."

And I just happened to be so random and said something.

"I thought it's because of 3rd party. Haha."

But I didn't know that it was part of the reason too. She answered that when she was still in the relationship, she already had a crush on another guy. So I asked even more randomly if she and that guy are together now (note: it's about 1 month after the break up with the previous boyfriend already).

And she said yes.

And I was like "WHAT???" But I didn't say that to her. And she replied, "But I still think of him (the previous bf)."

Even more "WHAT???"

Well, I felt a little sympathy toward the previous boyfriend. I mean, it's not even like 1 year since the break up and tiramisu has a new boyfriend now? And I believe it's not just one day only, I believe it's about 1 or 2 weeks. And she said the previous boyfriend knows!

So what? Just because you broke up with the previous one entitles you to get a new one now?

Theoretically, yes.

But what is with the "I still think of him though,"??

It's like a 2 and a half year relationship. And once it's dunzo, for less than a month, you can get yourself another boyfriend?

I really suspect your feelings for the previous boyfriend actually.

"I just want to move on with my life," was what she said after awhile.

So does moving on equates to getting a new boyfriend? If yes, I rest my case.

I mean, I don't know exactly where I'm driving at, but all I feel is that, how can you be with someone so fast after your last breakup?

Don't you feel you're like a flirt, a player? You haven't even given yourself a chance to let the old relationship settle down and you're already into a new one.

It's so unfair to the both guys.

So is your so called "love" until this limit?

Once a relationship is over, you start all over again - as if you're drinking a can of drink. Once you're done with the drink, you crush the can and dump it in the trash can. And if you're thirsty again, you get yourself a new can.

Is that so?

So is your heart a box of 6 packs? 12 packs? or 24 packs?

Sigh.

Everyone who is in a relationship, 99% will tell each other the 3 lovey-dopey-sure-make-your-heart-melts words.

"I love you."

So what does the "love" in the sentence meant?

No, I'm not saying there can't be any breakups.

No, I'm not saying neither can you go on to a new relationship in less than 1 month.

But what I'm saying is, why go into a new relationship when the old relationship is like a glass of milo that you've just finished stirring so the mixture and water will blend properly together - it hasn't settle down, and it's still causing motion to your emotions.

I can only say,

so your "love" can only go this far?

Once it's over, you say bye bye.

Shouldn't it be like a song - you can finish playing it, and perhaps, you may not replay it straight away, but it stays in your harddisk. You may forget the song existed in your harddisk, but it is still there. And maybe, when the song, to you, is long over time, you can then choose to delete it.

Of course, there's the option of immediate deletion of the song once it's over, or maybe, half over, because you felt it's not a nice song.

Fine.

But deleting it immediately after you've heard it - and it's a song that you really liked during the playing - it's so... weird.

Alright, I think I may have express enough theory on carol's-love-thesis, but well, it's just my thoughts. =)

Happy new year. =)

still love you;

car
CHRISTian
angROBERT
angCAITOU
30101987
BACARDI
MAHJONG

xiaozhu
jaychou
beyond
japanese
sleep&sleep
money&money;



since 03032007

express;

desires;
own BRANDname
sony cybershot t10
master jap-(w real cert)
mm
Lumix LX3
crumpler bag
PSP
MONEY;
more MONEY!!
2b / 3 licence
ADIDAS (TOKYO) Jacket
pet pig :>
learn KOREAN;
learn drums
mrRIGHT

exits;

xiaxue.blog

archives

stop & stare